Dongguan"SongshanLake Cup" Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition (European division)starts registration|
Chapter 1. Introduction1. BackgroundInvolvingin the new normal economic growth, Dongguan as a veteran manufacturing-featuredcity is willing to promote economic restructuring and industrial transformationand upgrading during the 13th Five-Year Plan period of Chinese government, thenultimately realize the "machine substitutions", "twofusion", "Dongguan Manufacturing 2025 "and other strategicobjectives. In order to achieve the above goals, Dongguan needs to intensifyefforts to build high-end talent highland, innovative enterprise and regionalinnovation heights.
To fullyimplement the innovation-driven development strategy, build the atmosphere andplatform for the mass entrepreneurship and innovation, accelerate theconstruction of the Songshan Lake Park technology innovation service echelon, reservelong-term development momentum of the park, explore and attract innovation andentrepreneurship talents, straighten out and perfect science and technologyservice system and realize the dream of innovation and entrepreneurship, SongshanLake (Eco-Park) National New & Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone (i.e.Songshan Lake Park) decides to hold the "Songshan Lake Cup"Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition. This Competition takes the"innovation-driven, Songshan Lake dreams" as the main thrust andsupport the development of those projects which are of products promotionneeds, government support and venture capital needs in Dongguan. The competitionofficially started in October, 2016 and the finals of Europe division, SiliconValley division, Taiwan division and Songshan Lake division will be held inDecember, 2016.
In linewith the principle of fairness and openness, the business plan and theperformance on the pitch presentations of divisions will be appraised byexperts. Through the above selection, all chosen outstanding projects teams willget together in Songshan Lake, Dongguan in January 2017 to fight for therewards which is 4.3 million RMB yuan and 20 places in total.
Besides, everyproject team interested in landing after the competition will be aided by SongshanLake Park to get the capital docking, entrepreneurial space and park policysupport and park business services.
Afterlanding the project, if the project gets further reward from the national,provincial and municipal talents policies, Songshan Lake Park will offer thesame amount of funding because of implementation of the project in SongshanLake Park.
2. Globalfinals （January 2017, Songshan Lake Park,Dongguan）
1. Thecompetition will be divided into two groups (startup group and enterprisegroup) regardless of industry fields, while the oversea divisionswill be grouped according to the registration status of enterprises.
2. Accordingto the number of enterprises being recommended to enter the global finals, thefinals will be divided into semi-finals and the finals. About the people whoare invited to participate the semi-finals and finals, for enterprise group, theCEO, CFO and CTO of the company should attend the finals, and for startupgroup, the core members of startup team (no more than 3 people) should attendthe finals. Organizing Committee of the competition will reimburse certainamount of the cost of food, accommodation and journey to the teams.
3. Inthe semi-finals, each team will have 10 minutes for roadshow and 6 minutes fordefense. At the end, 10 outstanding projects will be chosen from each group toparticipate in the finals.
4. Thefinals will be live broadcast by China IT media. The finals will includeproject video display (optional), project roadshow and expert quiz. At the end,there will be for each group one first prize, two second prize, three thirdprize and four winning prizes to share 4.3 million RMB yuan rewards.3. Europeandivision（December 2016, Munich Germany）
1. Europeandivision will not group all projects into startup group and enterprise group.
2. Europeandivision will be co-sponsored by Sino-European Professionals ExchangeCenter-SEPEC e.V. and German Incubator, in collaboration with the Chinese-GermanInnovation and Entrepreneurship Association, German local venture capital fundsand the experts from whole Europe, to build Dongguan’s international businesscard.
3. Thereview board of European division compose of well-known Chinese investors,entrepreneurial mentor from UnternehmerTUM, Professors, German local venturecapitalists. The review board will review all registered projects and recommend14 projects to the European division.
4. The14 teams being recommend by the review board will participate in the finals ofEuropean division in Munich, the cost of journey and accommodation for attendingthis finals will be reimbursed by the organizing committee of Europeandivision.
5. Theofficial language of European division is English, which mainly includes 8minutes roadshow in English and 7 minutes defense in English. The review boardwill score all projects based on the roadshows and business plans and then rankthe first, second and third prize to 10 winning teams.
6. These10 teams will be recommended to participate in the global finals in SongshanLake Park, Dongguan. The organizing committee of global finals will reimburse certainamount of the cost of travel and accommodation.
7. Mediasupport: Kaiyuan network and German channel of the People's Daily OverseasEdition.Chapter 2. Participation Information4. Focusedindustry sectorsIt isnecessary to meet the "4 + 1" industrial categories, namelyelectronic information industry, biotechnology industry, robot industry, newenergy industry, modern service industry (cultural innovation and E-commerce)and other strategic emerging industries. Projects which have won the 2015Songshan Lake Cup prize are not qualified to join in the competition this year.
1. Participantsshould have innovation- and entrepreneurship-related oversea experience, and masterthe industry's cutting-edge technology, technical achievements or managementexperience. Meanwhile participants should be interested in starting up businessor working in Dongguan.
2. Beforethe registration to this competition, participants have not registered or setup a business or worked in China. And the members of each team should not beless than 3.
3. Participantshave to agree to register an enterprises or work in Dongguan within 3 months afterthe global finals.
4. Participants’integrity about the innovation experience is assumed. At the same time, the participantsneed to have the property rights to the innovations and have no propertydisputes. Participants are responsible for outcomes of the infringement and dishonestyduring the competition.
5. Participantshave to agree to be checked about the information related to the projects from thereview board of this competition.Enterprise group
1. Participantsare preferred to be small and medium-sized innovative enterprises in the worldand have independent intellectual property rights;
2. Participantsare preferred to be technology-based small and medium-sized enterprises thathave a sales volume no more than 150 million yuan in 2015;
3. Itis necessary to meet the "4 + 1" industrial categories from SongshanLake Park, have independent intellectual property rights and no propertydisputes;
4. Participantsshould be unlisted enterprises and have no bad legal record.
6. Participantshave to agree to be checked about the information related to the projects from thereview board of this competition.
7. Participantshave to agree to register an enterprises or work in Dongguan within 3 monthsafter the global finals.6. Application
1. Participantswill not be grouped in European division and the same rules will be applied toevery project. Meanwhile, participants have to register with email accounts.
7. Applicationaccess (deadline: November 20, 2016)Chinease Students and Scholar Association at HelmholtzMunich Center received the commission from Sino-European Professionals ExchangeCenter-SEPEC e.V., the organizer of European division that through thefollowing registration email address to accept all applications:
2. Allenterprises and teams participating in the domestic Songshan Lake Park division(in China) have to register through the homepage of this competition (http://cxcyds.ssl.gov.cn