德国频道
查看: 1654|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Three Passions in My Life

[复制链接]
1#
发表于 5.5.2003 21:00:55 | 只看该作者
即时机票
Three passions,simple but overwhelmingly strong,have governed my life:the longing for love,the search for knowledge,and the unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind.<br>I have sought love,first, because it brings great happiness.Next,because it relieves loneliness.I have sought it ,finally,because in the union of love I have seen the vision of the heaven that saints and poets have imagined. This is what I sought might seem too good for human life,this is what at least I have found.<br>With equal passion I have sought knowledge.I have wished to understand the hearts of men. I have wished to known why the stars shine...A little of this,but not much, I have achieved.<br>Love and knowledge, can lead us upward toward the heavens. But pity always has brought me back to earth. Echoes of cries of pain reverberate in my heart. Children living in famine,victims tortured by oppressors, helpless old people, a hated burden to their sons, and the whole world of loneliness,poverty,and pain make a mockery of what human life should be.I long to alleviate the evil,but I cannot, and I too suffer.<br>This has been my life. I have found it worth living. And I would gladly live it again if the chance were offered me.<br><br>
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

站点信息

站点统计| 举报| Archiver| 手机版| 小黑屋