开元食味
德国频道
查看: 1364|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

美国口语常见词汇

[复制链接]
1#
发表于 15.11.2003 02:01:51 | 只看该作者
? He has to come up for air or he will die from exhaustion.  <br>? MEANING: take a break  <br><br>? con  <br>? Don&#39;t try to con me.  <br>? MEANING: deceive  <br><br>? cool  <br>? This is a really cool place to work.  <br>? MEANING: good  <br><br>? cool down  <br>? Things should cool down in a day or two.  <br>? MEANING: calm down  <br><br>? cop  <br>? How did you get the road sign? I copped it.  <br>? MEANING: robbed  <br><br>? cop  <br>? The cop showed me his badge.  <br>? MEANING: policeman  <br><br>? couch potato  <br>? He is a couch potato.  <br>? MEANING: lazy person  <br><br>? crack open a bottle  <br>? Let&#39;s crack open a bottle for his birthday.  <br>? MEANING: open  <br><br>? cram  <br>? I need more time to cram for the test.  <br>? MEANING: study hard  <br><br>? cream  <br>? Our team creamed them badly.  <br>? MEANING: beat  <br><br>? croak  <br>? I feel like I am going to croak.  <br>? MEANING: die  <br><br>? cruise  <br>? The skier was cruising down the hill  <br>? MEANING: going very fast  <br><br>? cuffs  <br>? He put the cuffs on the killer.  <br>? MEANING: handcuffs  <br><br>? cushy  <br>? He has a really cushy job.  <br>? MEANING: easy  <br>? cut  <br>? Could you cut my whiskey with a little water?  <br>? MEANING: dilute  <br><br>? cut out  <br>? It is late. I have to cut out.  <br>? MEANING: leave  <br><br>? damage  <br>? Lets get the bill and find out the damage.  <br>? MEANING: cost  <br><br>? dead  <br>? This disco is really dead tonight.  <br>? MEANING: quiet  <br><br>? deck  <br>? He was decked in the fight.  <br>? MEANING: knocked down  <br><br>? deep pockets  <br>? Her boyfriend has deep pockets.  <br>? MEANING: is a good source of money  <br><br>? dicey  <br>? Since the weather is a little dicey, I won&#39;t go today.  <br>? MEANING: chancy  <br><br>? dirty  <br>? I hear that it&#39;s a dirty movie.  <br>? MEANING: an obscene  <br><br>? ditch  <br>? I&#39;ll ditch my younger brother with my grandmother.  <br>? MEANING: leave  <br><br>? do a snow job on  <br>? Don&#39;t try to do a snow job on me.  <br>? MEANING: deceive  <br><br>? dope  <br>? He is such a dope.  <br>? MEANING: stupid person  <br><br>? dope  <br>? There are a lot of dope dealers around here.  <br>? MEANING: drug  <br><br>? dork  <br>? He is such a dork.  <br>? MEANING: strange person  <br><br>? dough  <br>? I need some dough before I can go Christmas shopping.  <br>? MEANING: money  <br><br>? down  <br>? Let&#39;s go to a bar and down a few beers.  <br>? MEANING: drink quickly  <br><br>? drag  <br>? Doing homework on the weekend is a drag.  <br>? MEANING: boring  <br><br>? dynamite  <br>? This drink is really dynamite.  <br>? MEANING: powerful; great  <br><br>? earful  <br>? My grandmother gave me an earful about the neighborhood.  <br>? MEANING: a lot of gossip  <br><br>? easy mark  <br>? The Japanese are an easy mark because they usually carry cash.  <br>? MEANING: likely victims  <br><br>? eat  <br>? The problem is really eating away at me.  <br>? MEANING: bothering  <br><br>? excellent  <br>? That&#39;s excellent man.  <br>? MEANING: fine  <br><br>? face-off  <br>? The two sides were headed for a nasty face-off.  <br>? MEANING: confrontation  <br><br>? far-out  <br>? This music is really far-out.  <br>? MEANING: great  <br><br>? fix  <br>? The addict needs another fix.  <br>? MEANING: dose of drugs  <br><br>? flaky  <br>? He is too flaky to do the work.  <br>? MEANING: unreliable  <br><br>? flashback  <br>? At the wedding he had a flashback of his old girlfriend.  <br>? MEANING: remembered  <br><br>? flick  <br>? I haven&#39;t seen a flick in a long time.  <br>? MEANING: movie  <br><br>? flip out  <br>? He flipped out when he heard that his mother had been killed.  <br>? MEANING: lost control  <br>? flip side  <br>? What kind of music do you have on the flip side of the tape?  <br>? MEANING: other side  <br><br>? fox  <br>? His older sister is a fox.  <br>? MEANING: very attractive  <br><br>? foxy  <br>? She is a foxy lady.  <br>? MEANING: sexy  <br><br>? freebie  <br>? The pillow was a freebie  <br>? MEANING: free  <br><br>? get into something  <br>? I got into gardening in high school.  <br>? MEANING: became seriously interested in  <br><br>? get it  <br>? I listened to the joke twice, but I still don&#39;t get it.  <br>? MEANING: understand  <br><br>? get with it  <br>? If you don&#39;t get with it, we will never finish this work.  <br>? MEANING: hurry up  <br><br>? gig  <br>? I have a gig on Saturday night from 7:00 to 10:00.  <br>? MEANING: job  <br><br>? glitch  <br>? This computer program has a glitch.  <br>? MEANING: defect  <br><br>? glitzy  <br>? This is a pretty glitzy hotel to be staying in.  <br>? MEANING: fashionable  <br><br>? go  <br>? Let me have a go at solving the problem.  <br>? MEANING: try  <br><br>? go bananas  <br>? I am going to go bananas if I don&#39;t have a vacation soon.  <br>? MEANING: go crazy  <br><br>? go down  <br>? What is going down?  <br>? MEANING: happening  <br><br>? goof  <br>? I am really a goof at times.  <br>? MEANING: fool  <br><br>? goof up  <br>? I really goofed up when I painted my room green.  <br>? MEANING: made a serious mistake  <br><br>? goofy  <br>? You are always acting goofy these days.  <br>? MEANING: silly  <br><br>? gourd  <br>? Use your gourd to figure out what is happening.  <br>? MEANING: head  <br><br>? grand  <br>? His salary is twenty grand.  <br>? MEANING: thousand dollars  <br><br>? grass  <br>? Lots of students smoke grass in the dormitory.  <br>? MEANING: marijuana  <br><br>? gravy  <br>? This job is pure gravy.  <br>? MEANING: easy money  <br><br>? groovy  <br>? This music is groovy.  <br>? MEANING: pleasant  <br><br>? gross  <br>? Picking your nose is really a gross habit.  <br>? MEANING: disgusting  <br><br>? gross-out  <br>? The party was a gross-out.  <br>? MEANING: digusting time  <br><br>? grub  <br>? Where is the best place to get some grub around here?  <br>? MEANING: food  <br><br>? grubby  <br>? Those clothes are too grubby to wear to the party.  <br>? MEANING: unclean and untidy  <br><br>? grungy  <br>? That is a really grungy jacket.  <br>? MEANING: dirty  <br><br>? gut  <br>? He got shot in the gut.  <br>? MEANING: stomach.  <br><br>? gut  <br>? The gut issue is about what we are going to do now.  <br>? MEANING: basic  <br>? guts  <br>? It takes a lot of guts to give the boss your true opinion.  <br>? MEANING: courage  <br><br>? hairy  <br>? That was a hairy plane trip. I am glad the storm is over.  <br>? MEANING: dangerous  <br><br>? hammer  <br>? Put the hammer to the floor or we will be late for the wedding.  <br>? MEANING: accelerator  <br><br>? hang it up  <br>? I have decided to hang up my teaching job.  <br>? MEANING: quit  <br><br>? hang loose  <br>? Just hang loose for another few days.  <br>? MEANING: relax  <br><br>? hang tough  <br>? We need to hang tough on our decision.  <br>? MEANING: stick with  <br><br>? hardware  <br>? The police were surprised by all the hardware the gang members had.  <br>? MEANING: weapons  <br><br>? have a buzz on  <br>? I had a buzz on after the third martini.  <br>? MEANING: was slightly intoxicated  <br><br>? have good vibes  <br>? I have good vibes about our new secretary.  <br>? MEANING: feel good about  <br><br>? have it all together  <br>? Recently I don&#39;t have it all together.  <br>? MEANING: feel mentally all there.  <br><br>? heave  <br>? I heaved up on the floor.  <br>? MEANING: vomited  <br><br>? high  <br>? The teenagers look high to me.  <br>? MEANING: intoxicated on drugs or alcohol  <br><br>? hip-shooter  <br>? He is such a hip-shooter.  <br>? MEANING: always talking without thinking  <br><br>? history  <br>? I don&#39;t have any idea where my old boyfriend is. He&#39;s history.  <br>? MEANING: something in the past  <br><br>? hit  <br>? Your proposal was a hit with the boss.  <br>? MEANING: successful  <br><br>? hole up  <br>? I had to hole up for three days because the police were looking for me.  <br>? MEANING: hide  <br><br>? honcho  <br>? The honcho says that we are going to have to give up two days of our vacatio<br>n.  <br>? MEANING: boss  <br><br>? hooker  <br>? Her clothes make her look like a hooker.  <br>? MEANING: prostitute  <br><br>? hot  <br>? The police stopped them because they though the car was hot.  <br>? MEANING: stolen  <br><br>? huffy  <br>? I will do it soon so please don&#39;t get huffy.  <br>? MEANING: angry  <br><br>? hungry  <br>? If you are not hungry, you won&#39;t get ahead in the business.  <br>? MEANING: eager to make money  <br><br>? hustle  <br>? If you don&#39;t hustle, we will be late again.  <br>? MEANING: hurry up  <br><br>? hyped  <br>? The fans were all hyped up for the football game.  <br>? MEANING: excited  <br><br>? hyper  <br>? Don&#39;t get hyper about what she told you. You know it isn&#39;t true.  <br>? MEANING: over excited  <br><br>? I.D.  <br>? Can you show me some I.D. please?  <br>? MEANING: identification  <br><br>? in  <br>? The tie you are wearing is really in.  <br>? MEANING: fashionable  <br><br><br>? in deep  <br>? They are really in deep with each other.  <br>? MEANING: deeply involved  <br><br>? in the bag  <br>? Everything is in the bag. There is nothing to worry about.  <br>? MEANING: settled  <br><br>? intense  <br>? This is a very intense situation we are discussing.  <br>? MEANING: serious  <br><br>? jam  <br>? I am glad you got yourself out of that jam.  <br>? MEANING: trouble  <br><br>? jerk someone around  <br>? Recently it seems like everyone is jerking me around.  <br>? MEANING: wasting my time and causing me trouble  <br><br>? jock  <br>? My roommate is a jock for the basketball team.  <br>? MEANING: an athlete  <br><br>? john  <br>? The john really smells.  <br>? MEANING: bathroom  <br><br>? joint  <br>? Where is the closest joint to here.  <br>? MEANING: cheap bar  <br><br>? joint  <br>? He is good at rolling joints.  <br>? MEANING: marijuana cigarettes  <br><br>? junkie  <br>? Sam is a junkie.  <br>? MEANING: rug addict  <br><br>? just off the boat  <br>? He acts like he is just off the boat.  <br>? MEANING: naive  <br><br>? keep one&#39;s cool  <br>? He kept his cool when his house burned down.  <br>? MEANING: remained calm  <br><br>? kegger  <br>? I hear there is a kegger at John&#39;s house tonight.  <br>? MEANING: beer party  <br><br>? kick  <br>? I get a kick out of watching him paint.  <br>? MEANING: enjoy  <br><br>? klutz  <br>? He is a real klutz.  <br>? MEANING: stupid and clumsy person  <br><br>? knock  <br>? Don&#39;t knock it if you can&#39;t do it any better.  <br>? MEANING: criticize  <br><br>? knocked up  <br>? My dog gets knocked up once a year.  <br>? MEANING: pregnant  <br><br>? knockout  <br>? Who was that knockout I saw you with last Friday?  <br>? MEANING: stunning person  <br><br>? knuckle sandwich  <br>? Shut up or I&#39;ll give you a knuckle sandwich.  <br>? MEANING: punch in the mouth  <br><br>? kook  <br>? Watch out for all the kooks in this neighborhood.  <br>? MEANING: strange people  <br><br>? laid-back  <br>? You need to be more laid-back.  <br>? MEANING: calm and relaxed  <br><br>? lame  <br>? That is really a lame excuse.  <br>? MEANING: an inadequate  <br><br>? line  <br>? I have heard that line a million times.  <br>? MEANING: story  <br><br>? loser  <br>? John is a loser.  <br>? MEANING: annoying and useless  <br><br>? love handles  <br>? I exercise every day, but I can&#39;t get rid of these love handles.  <br>? MEANING: rolls of fat around my stomach  <br><br>? make waves  <br>? Try not to make waves around the office.  <br>? MEANING: cause trouble  <br><br>? maxed out  <br>? I am maxed out at my work and need to rest.  <br>? MEANING: exhausted  <br><br>? mean  <br>? He plays a mean violin.  <br>? MEANING: performs well on  <br><br>? mega  <br>? I have mega amounts of tomatoes in my garden this summer.  <br>? MEANING: large  <br><br>? megabucks  <br>? He made megabucks when he sold his company.  <br>? MEANING: a lot of money  <br><br>? knock  <br>? Don&#39;t knock it if you can&#39;t do it any better.  <br>? MEANING: criticize  <br><br>? mellow  <br>? You need to mellow out and enjoy life.  <br>? MEANING: calm down and relax  <br><br>? meltdown  <br>? There has been a meltdown in the relationship between my parents and I.  <br>? MEANING: total collapse  <br><br>? mickey mouse  <br>? The homework the teacher gave us was mickey mouse.  <br>? MEANING: nonsense and a waste of time  <br><br>? move on someone  <br>? I am going to try to move on Sarah next Saturday.  <br>? MEANING: pick up and seduce  <br><br>? mush  <br>? That is total mush and you know it.  <br>? MEANING: nonesense  <br><br>? nark  <br>? Watch out for the narks in the airport.  <br>? MEANING: drug police  <br><br>? neat  <br>? That was a neat idea that you had.  <br>? MEANING: good  <br><br>? negative  <br>? There are too many negatives about the company merger.  <br>? MEANING: bad things  <br><br>? nick  <br>? The police nicked the shoplifter as he was leaving the store.  <br>? MEANING: arrested  <br><br>? nip  <br>? He took a nip out of the bottle.  <br>? MEANING: a quick drink  <br><br>? no sweat  <br>? It&#39;s no sweat to have the report in to you by Monday.  <br>? MEANING: no problem  <br><br>? nuke  <br>? I&#39;ll nuke our dinner in a few minutes.  <br>? MEANING: heat up in the microwave  <br><br>? nuke  <br>? Does that attack plane have any nukes?  <br>? MEANING: nuclear weapons  <br><br>? nut  <br>? I think that he is a nut.  <br>? MEANING: crazy person  <br><br>? nuts  <br>? You are completely nuts if you think I will go with you.  <br>? MEANING: crazy  <br><br>? pad  <br>? Have you found a pad yet?  <br>? MEANING: a place to live  <br><br>? pain in the neck  <br>? My wife&#39;s best friend is a pain in the neck.  <br>? MEANING: annoying  <br><br>? paper-pusher  <br>? My office is filled with paper-pushers.  <br>? MEANING: bureaucratic office workers  <br><br>? party animal  <br>? You&#39;re too old to be a party animal.  <br>? MEANING: love parties  <br><br>? party-hearty  <br>? We need to party-hearty because we just got a raise in salary.  <br>? MEANING: celebrate  <br><br>? paw  <br>? Get your paws off of my body.  <br>? MEANING: hands  <br><br>? peanuts  <br>? I am not going to work for peanuts.  <br>? MEANING: practically no money  <br><br>? pickled  <br>? He gets pickled after only one beer.  <br>? MEANING: intoxicated  <br><br>? piece of cake  <br>? Working on a computer for me is a piece of cake.  <br>? MEANING: easy to do  <br><br>? pig  <br>? He is a pig at parties.  <br>? MEANING: eats too much  <br><br>? pig out  <br>? Let&#39;s go to the restaurant and pig out.  <br>? MEANING: eat a lot or overeat  <br><br>? pit stop  <br>? Let&#39;s make a pit stop at the next rest area.  <br>? MEANING: stop and go to the bathroom  <br><br>? plastered  <br>? He drinks too much and is always plastered on the weekend.  <br>? MEANING: intoxicated  <br><br>? pooped out  <br>? He pooped out after we started to do the hard work.  <br>? MEANING: quit  <br><br>? pop  <br>? Shut up or I will pop you.  <br>? MEANING: hit  <br><br>? pop for something  <br>? It is my turn to pop for the doughnuts.  <br>? MEANING: buy  <br><br>? pro  <br>? He is really a pro at his work.  <br>? MEANING: professional  <br><br>? prod  <br>? Can you give me a gentle prod next week so I won&#39;t forget?  <br>? MEANING: reminder  <br><br>? psyched up  <br>? The players are really psyched up for the game on Friday.  <br>? MEANING: mentally ready  <br><br>? psycho  <br>? She is a psycho. She should be in a hospital.  <br>? MEANING: mentally ill  <br><br>? puke  <br>? I feel like I am going to puke.  <br>? MEANING: vomit  <br><br>? push off  <br>? I am going to push off now.  <br>? MEANING: leave  <br><br>? put the moves on  <br>? You should give up trying to put the moves on her. She is married.  <br>? MEANING: seduce  <br><br>? put-on  <br>? It was an elaborate put-on which I almost believed.  <br>? MEANING: deception  <br><br>? quarterback  <br>? Who is going to quarterback the meeting?  <br>? MEANING: lead  <br><br>? quick buck  <br>? I need to make a quick buck.  <br>? MEANING: some easy money  <br><br>? rack  <br>? I have to hit the rack by ten or I&#39;ll be tired in the morning.  <br>? MEANING: bed  <br><br>? rack out  <br>? I am going to rack out for two hours.  <br>? MEANING: sleep  <br><br>? racket  <br>? There sure was a lot of racket outside last night.  <br>? MEANING: noise  <br><br>? rag  <br>? I can&#39;t believe we still get this same old rag.  <br>? MEANING: newspaper  <br><br>? rap  <br>? We need to sit down and rap about a few things.  <br>? MEANING: talk about  <br><br>? rathole  <br>? When are you going to be able to move out of that rathole.  <br>? MEANING: run down place  <br><br>? raw  <br>? The raw office workers were not getting much done.  <br>? MEANING: new  <br><br>? ream someone out  <br>? The boss really reamed him out for his bad report.  <br>? MEANING: got angry with him  <br><br>? red hot  <br>? Your idea is really red hot.  <br>? MEANING: important  <br><br>? repo  <br>? Hey, don&#39;t repo my car. I will pay next week.  <br>? MEANING: repossess  <br><br>? rinky-dink  <br>? The circus was really rinky-dink.  <br>? MEANING: inferior  <br><br>? riot  <br>? The comedy program was a real riot.  <br>? MEANING: funny  <br><br>? road hog  <br>? That driver is a road hog.  <br>? MEANING: takes up too much of the road  <br><br>? rocks  <br>? Would you like your whiskey on the rocks?  <br>? MEANING: with ice  <br><br>? rough time  <br>? We have had a rough time this winter.  <br>? MEANING: hard time  <br><br>? rug  <br>? Is that a rug on his head?  <br>? MEANING: wig  <br><br>? rug rat  <br>? My sister has three rug rats.  <br>? MEANING: children  <br><br>? rule  <br>? My wife rules the house.  <br>? MEANING: dominates  <br><br>? run off at the mouth  <br>? He is always running off at the mouth.  <br>? MEANING: talking too much  <br><br>? run out of gas  <br>? The politician ran out of gas during the campaign.  <br>? MEANING: lost interest or momentum  <br><br>? sack  <br>? When did you hit the sack last night?  <br>? MEANING: go to bed  <br><br>? scam  <br>? Don&#39;t lose your money in some kind of scam.  <br>? MEANING: swindle  <br>? scarf  <br>? Since he hadn&#39;t eaten in a week, he scarfed down everything on his plate.  <br><br>? MEANING: ate quickly  <br><br>? schmuck  <br>? What a stupid schmuck.  <br>? MEANING: jerk  <br><br>? screw around  <br>? If you screw around all day at this work, you will have to come back again. <br><br>? MEANING: waste time  <br><br>? screw up  <br>? If you screw up one more time, I will fire you.  <br>? MEANING: make a mistake  <br><br>? sharp  <br>? He is very sharp with numbers  <br>? MEANING: intelligent  <br><br>? shot  <br>? I&#39;ll give the puzzle another shot.  <br>? MEANING: try  <br><br>? shot down  <br>? Everyone shot down my idea at first, but later agreed that it was a good ide<br>a.  <br>? MEANING:  <br>? disagreed with  <br><br>? slammer  <br>? The police threw them both in the slammer.  <br>? MEANING: jail  <br><br>? smashed  <br>? Try not to get smashed at the beer party.  <br>? MEANING: intoxicated  <br><br>? smoke eater  <br>? My father is a smoke eater.  <br>? MEANING: fireman  <br><br>? split  <br>? It is time to split and go see the movie.  <br>? MEANING: leave  <br><br>? spook  <br>? The cows were spooked by the howling of the wolves.  <br>? MEANING: frightened  <br><br>? spud  <br>? Do you want rice or spuds for dinner?  <br>? MEANING: potatoes  <br><br>? square  <br>? My father looks square in his jacket.  <br>? MEANING: old-fashioned  <br><br>? steamed up  <br>? Don&#39;t get so steamed up over the issue.  <br>? MEANING: angry  <br><br>? stink  <br>? This whole operation stinks.  <br>? MEANING: is repulsive  <br><br>? straight  <br>? I want you to give me a straight answer.  <br>? MEANING: honest  <br><br>? stressed  <br>? I am really stressed by all the recent world events.  <br>? MEANING: upset  <br><br>? ****er  <br>? Don&#39;t be a ****er.  <br>? MEANING: be deceived  <br><br>? take a hike  <br>? I am tired of all your complaining. Take a hike.  <br>? MEANING:  <br>? leave  <br><br>? taken  <br>? He was taken for all his money at the casino.  <br>? MEANING:  <br>? cheated out of  <br><br>? taking care of business  <br>? I have been taking care of business.  <br>? MEANING: doing what I have to do  <br><br>? threads  <br>? Those look like expensive threads he is wearing.  <br>? MEANING: clothes  <br><br>? tool around  <br>? I don&#39;t want to tool around all night. It is time to go home.  <br>? MEANING: drive around  <br><br>? totaled  <br>? My car was totaled in the accident with the garbage truck.  <br>? MEANING: completely wrecked  <br><br>? up  <br>? He has been up ever since he met his new girlfriend.  <br>? MEANING: happy and cheerful  <br><br>? up for grabs  <br>? This is a sale. Everything is up for grabs.  <br>? MEANING: available.  <br><br>? veg out  <br>? I want to veg out in front of the television this evening.  <br>? MEANING: relax and do nothing  <br><br>? vibes  <br>? He really gives off good vibes.  <br>? MEANING: feelings  <br><br>? wad  <br>? You don&#39;t want to carry a wad like that with you in the big city.  <br>? MEANING: bundle of money  <br><br>? waste  <br>? After you waste him, throw the body in the river.  <br>? MEANING: kill  <br><br>? wheels  <br>? If you let me borrow your wheels, I&#39;ll go out and buy a pizza.  <br>? MEANING: car  <br><br>? whiz  <br>? He is a whiz at the computer.  <br>? MEANING: talented person  <br><br>? wired  <br>? I am really wired after drinking five cups of coffee.  <br>? MEANING: alert  <br><br>? wussy  <br>? Don&#39;t be such a wussy all the time. Say what you are thinking.  <br>? MEANING: weak person  <br><br>? yukky  <br>? This food tastes yukky  <br>? MEANING: bad  <br><br>? zapped  <br>? I am too zapped to help you right now.  <br>? MEANING: exhausted  <br><br>? zip  <br>? He knew zip about running the company.  <br>? MEANING: Nothing   
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

站点信息

站点统计| 举报| Archiver| 手机版| 小黑屋