打印 上一主题 下一主题

【懒人厨房】DIY香草香精 VANILLA EXTRACT

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 6.1.2017 23:03:23 | 只看该作者 |只看大图 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

INGREDIENTS:[size=15.680000305175781px]
  • 4 whole vanilla beans
  • 1 cup vodka (or see note below for a non-alcoholic substitution)

DIRECTIONS:

[size=15.680000305175781px]
  • Use a paring knife to carefully split each vanilla bean down the middle lengthwise, cutting halfway through the bean so that the seeds are exposed.
  • Place the vanilla beans in a glass jar or bottle.  Then pour in the vodka so that the beans are covered.
  • Place a lid on the jar or bottle, and give it a gentle shake.  Then store in a dark place for 4-6 weeks, until the vanilla is nice and dark and flavorful.
  • Use as desired.  If you'd like to strain out the vanilla bean seeds, you're welcome to do so.  But I recommend leaving the beans in there -- that way, you can continue to top off the vanilla with more vodka as you use it, stretching out the beans so that they last for about two bottles' worth of vanilla.

[size=15.680000305175781px]
For the 4-ounce small bottles, you will need 2 beans per jar.  (I cut them in each in half to fit in the bottles more easily.)
For the large 4-cup bottle, you will need 16 beans.
Cooking time listed above does not include the 4-6 weeks needed for the vanilla to soak.
*Most real vanilla extract that you purchase at the store is made with alcohol.  But if you would like a non-alcoholic version, I've read that you can substitute food-grade vegetable glycerine in place of vodka.  The same ingredients amounts and instructions in the recipe above apply.

评分

查看全部评分

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

站点信息

站点统计| 举报| Archiver| 手机版| 小黑屋